DTT Technology Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vista Anti-Virus 2011 - HELP!

2 posters

Go down

Vista Anti-Virus 2011 - HELP! Empty Vista Anti-Virus 2011 - HELP!

Post  imanewb Sun May 29, 2011 2:46 pm

ok so i googled it and everything and i cant seem to find a solution figured id give you guys a chance to answer my question.

on my computer when i try and open internet explorer a window pops up saying something about vista antivirus 2011 and if i close it internet explorer will pop up again and take me to my home page. if i try to go anywhere but my homepage or even search on google (my homepage) it locks me out with a security page in internet explorer that gives me 3 choices. 1) register the vista antivirus 2) scan my computer 3) continue to page unprotected. when i click the 3rd choice it just pops up the same security page and doesnt let me go anywhere. i had to get on another computer to find the answer to this problem and i couldnt find anything

can someone help me?

imanewb

Back to top Go down

Vista Anti-Virus 2011 - HELP! Empty Re: Vista Anti-Virus 2011 - HELP!

Post  Admin Sun May 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey,

Thanks for using our forum. I'm gonna do my best to help you out, ima.

I'm assuming you're using Windows Vista: First of all, Vista Anti-Virus 2011 is an obnoxious little bugger. In this scenario it sounds like this "Anti-Virus" program is attached to your Internet Explorer. There is a way to do it from the problematic computer, but it's a bit annoying.

First, start up task manager and watch the processes. When you open internet explorer, you may notice under Services that hvt.exe (I think it's an .exe), and that's the problem. Unfortunately, if you found the file, you would have to use Unlocker to delete it, which may result in a system instability and a crash if the file has attached itself to anything else.

Personally, I would use Combofix, but I do not recommend using this program if you are unfamiliar with viruses and how malicious they can be.

If you must use it, follow the instructions and read everything. If you use another program while it is running you may cause a system crash or parts of your operating system to function improperly.

You can find Combofix at Bleepingcomputer.com or you can Google search "Combofix download" and download it from the bleepingcomputer.com website. If you are downloading from anywhere other than bleepingcomputer.com, then you may be downloading the incorrect file, or you may find a website that will charge you for the download.

COMBOFIX IS FREE! Remember.

If the solution above is not sufficient, you can always bring in your computer to our shop in Madera and we'll fix it for you.

Admin
Admin

http://www.droptoptechnologies.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 29, 2011 3:14 pm

IMPORTANT:

There is a high possibility that your Internet Explorer will be corrupted and deleted as combofix quarantines or deletes the infection. Please make sure you have an installation for a web browser (Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc). Readily available BEFORE you run combofix so that you can actually access the internet after the infection has been cleaned.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  imanewb Sun May 29, 2011 4:10 pm

omg TY!!!!!

I ended up using the combofix thing... it kinda scared me how it looked all machine language savvy when it was running through the scan. Apparently i had like 40+ other malicous programs on my computer i didnt know about.

and I almost didnt have a web browser until i read that second post, lol. thanks im finally back to working order. ill be coming back here for any other info fa sho! lol

ty again!
ima (lol ima)

imanewb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 30, 2011 11:53 am

SOLVED

This discussion will now be locked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum